January 10, 2009

Heartburn

This past week has been unfriendly to me healthwise. Aside from the menstrual period that I had, I was always experiencing heartburn. For the week alone, I think I had the heartburn attack of about four times. I don't know if that is something to be worried about so I made a little research about it on the internet.

So what is heartburn? According to webmd.com, heartburn is an irritation of the esophagus caused by stomach acid. It is something that you feel within your chest, a burning sensation to be exact, like some sour and hot acid melting within from chest to throat. It was really very uncomfortable and I could very well remember that I could not relax. It also feels like some food were stuck in my throat which I would really like to throw off. Heartburn happens because of a relaxed lower esophageal sphincter (LES), which do not tighten as it should.

Hmmm... guess I have to avoid eating foods that tend to relax the LES, which are as follows: tomatoes, garlic, onions, and chocolates. My, that might be really hard to do. I am just lucky though that I am not that crazy over coffee, alcohol and smoking becasue they also make the LES relaxed. Too much acid, just like in my case, also contributes heartburn.

2 fancies:

Acid reflux cure May 30, 2010 at 2:01 AM  

Thanks for sharing..heartburn is the most irritating sensation one can have.

Signs of Acid Reflux September 10, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

Elevating the head end of the bed can really help in all kinds of heartburn to prevent further reflux of acid.

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP