October 9, 2008

Dealing With Hair Loss

It is said that it is normal to lose 50 to 100 hairs a day. Well, that should be fine but in my case, I think the numbers are ticking above the normal range when it comes to hair fall. Especially during bath time, I really get dismayed every time those strands start to cling on my hands and fall.


Guess I have to eat high amount of fruits and veggies then, which contains flavanoids - - good antioxidants that provides protection for the hair follicles and encourages hair growth. Since I am very much of a rice eater, I have to cut that down and start with a low starch diet (oh my!).

Biotin is also a good aid in having healthy hair. It is usually found on brown rice, green peas, oats, walnuts and sunflower seeds.

There are some factors contributing to hair loss and these are as follows: poor circulation, radiation exposure, iron deficiency, surgery (now I know!), hair dyes and other chemicals, poor diet and stress. Gotta avoid those and you're on your way to a healthy hair!

5 fancies:

queenmadison October 10, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

I am also suffering hair loss!
And thank you for the info. Maybe stress is the cause of my hair loss cause you see I am taking care of my grandmother and my baby and working online at the same time.
-queen of http://queenmadisonsworld.blogspot.com

neiyomee October 11, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

yeah, stress is also a plus factor, and as for your working online, exposure to radiation also contribute to the case.

anyway, good luck to both of us as we take this journey of bringing back our glorious hairs.

Sandi October 12, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

My hair has NOT been the same since chemotherapy and radiation. I lost about 50% of my hair and it's not easy getting it back. I think I'll adjust my diet like you mention. Maybe that will help and perhaps a vitamin or something. lol

Cecile October 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

i have the same problem as you do, the amount of hair i am losing esp. when i am taking a shower/bath is very alarming to me :-) thanks for sharing some tips to avoid losing hair.

neiyomee October 12, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

@sandi: oh chemotherapy surely is a big factor...and taking vitamins would greatly help get back your hair..hehehe..

i learned apple cider vinegar and sage tea as a rinse also helps.


@cecile: i feel the same way too when taking a shower..haha!

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP