August 27, 2010

Scottie Pippen

While everyone was so engrossed with the royal airness of Michael Jordan at the height of the Chicago Bull's fame in the NBA arena, my eyes were all set for Scottie Pippen. He may not be the best player the Bulls team has ever had, but I was a big fan of his for reasons that I don't even know.


My fancy for the NBA materialized when I was in college. I don't even remember how it all started (the fancy , I mean) but I was hooked into it that I took note of every game schedule the Bulls had for every entire season and was willing to skip classes just to watch those games. I collected magazines, trading cards, posters and other NBA items especially those with Pippen on them.

As I have said, Pippen's playing prowess was not at all at par with Jordan's but that didn't matter to me. But I just hope you will agree with me when I say that he has contributed a handful too for the success of the team. As Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf puts it, "Not only is Scottie Pippen one of the greatest players to ever wear a Bulls uniform, but he's among the best players in history of the league to play the game. He had a tremendous impact in bringing six world championships to Chicago and there is no better way to pay tribute to him than with a permanent statue that honors his inspirational career."

I was so overjoyed upon learning this great news. Scottie Pippen is getting a well-deserved bronze statue from the Chicago Bulls, which will be permanently displayed at the United Center at some point towards the end of the 2010-2011 season. A major wow!

0 fancies:

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP