August 11, 2010

The Last Song

Hubby and I watched 'The Last Song' the other night, a movie that starred Miley Cyrus, Greg Kinnear and Liam Hemsworth. I was not really keen with Miley but since the movie is based on a best-selling novel by Nicholas Sparks, I have no doubts whatsoever that the movie would be indisputably very remarkable.

The movie is about a teenage daughter Ronnie, who got estranged with her father after the latter moved to another place since the divorce. Ronnie became all the more angry when her mother decided to let them stay with their father for the summer. Eventually, their strained relationship was mended through one thing they commonly love - - music.

The movie unfolds a story about family, first love and second chances.

For me, Nicholas Sparks has made another mark in his career through this creation. The story itself is so touching, so emotional ~ it really made me cry toward its end. This is the second Sparks story that made me cry (the first one was A Walk To Remember). Well, I haven't read the novel yet but I will definitely secure one soon.

By the way, I was thankful hubby was not able to notice the tears rolling down my eyes, otherwise I am now flooded with mockery, lol!

5 fancies:

Arianne The Bookworm August 11, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

i loved the movie, especially the book, too!! Nicholas Sparks is a really great author :)

Above Ground Pools August 13, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

Nice movie..I saw it & really more convincing to see a movie than to read a novel..he..he..he

neiyomee August 16, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

@ claire: i am really planning to read the book. hope i could find one here in this far-flung area of ours. lol!

@above ground pools: nice movie indeed!

StaLira August 17, 2010 at 3:34 AM  

Seems like this is really a great movie.


A Mom's Note

Antioxidant August 20, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

I've only seen "A Walk to Remember" but if this movie follows a similar formula then I'm sure I will also like it.

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP