February 17, 2009

Walking Down Memory Lane


No matter how stressful the circumstance around right now, I am all smiles today. You see, 11 years ago on this exact day, I said 'yes' to a cute and wonderful guy who was a classmate on one of my accounting major classes. Yes, meaning - - I got a boyfriend last February 17, 1998 and that lucky ~~ geez, I hope he's not reading this ~~ guy turned out to be my husband for 7 years!

It is really funny to note that we take this day on a special note, much more special than our wedding anniversary, haha! We never fail to highlight this date, as one of the special occasions of our family.

Now, I am walking down the memory lane once again. It was one moment of my life when I felt genuine happiness and somehow my being young at that time, added more spice into it. Well, not that 20 years old is still young, but the feeling of a young girl having a boyfriend for the first time seemed like the grandest day of her life. What was funny about it then was that it all happened on the wake of our friend's father. He was mustering all his courage while I was still inside participating on the prayers. All his courage has been spilled out on our way home and when we got to my house, I said 'yes'.

Well, that certain 'yes' led to marriage 3 and a half years later, and produced three wonderful kids.

2 fancies:

Arianne The Bookworm February 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

wow, i am so kilig... :D my hubby and i also celebrate the date we became boyfriends, instead of our wedding.. maybe that's because that is when it all started :)

happy anniv to you!!!

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

That's a sweet love story and very well recounted too. I hope you'll be together for the rest of the Valentine's day to come. You'll just have to understand and tolerate each other's idiosyncrasies. Good luck. and God bless.

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP