July 22, 2008

Carbonara + Chessecake

I took a day off from my usual diet and guess what I had this lunch? Well obviously, as what the title mentioned, I had a blast with my lunch break some few hours ago.

On my way back to the office (from the daughter's school), I was so tempted to stop by the greatest cake and pastry shop here in our place, Margie's. After some mind-boggling weighing in of the urge, I finally gave in and made a stop at the diner.

I ordered a spaghetti carbonara and a blueberry chessecake for lunch, with an ice-cold apple-flavored green tea. And as the saying that greeted every customer of the store goes,

Life is short, eat your dessert first.

I never thought twice about the saying and so I took a bite of the cheesecake first before the pasta (since it was also being served by the waitress first). I think it is a common knowledge and fact that cheesecakes are really yummy so I guess I need not elaborate further how I felt as I was consuming that slice of cake. The blueberry is really great and the cheesecake was so smooth. No wonder I have downed it in just a snap.

Next came the spaghetti carbonara and whoa...it was great! I put a lot of cheese into it and it surely made my noon all worthwhile. The picture on the right is really what you get - - it is definitely mouth-watering. And the garlic bread, oohhhh... if only I could order more of those but the guilt of over-eating hit me and so I laid myself back. All my efforts for dance exercise would be put to waste if I didn't behave myself.

Well, enough talking about my lunch. I'm off again for another party a few minutes from now. Hope I could discipline myself then. Have a great Tuesday!

5 fancies:

jHeLea July 23, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

hi po...your post made me hungry...i love carbonara soooo much....anyways got a tag for you at http://jhelea09222005.blogspot.com/2008/07/tagged-im-it.html

Over The Top Aprons July 23, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

I love cheese cake; definitely it should be eaten first. The pictures make the food look so yummy. I glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous July 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

lol - every now and then, we have "eat dessert first" night.

You are right on - life is too short!

Zombie Money July 28, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

That is sooo making me hungry...I just ate only salad tonight :( lol

http://zombiemoney.blogspot.com/

neiyomee July 28, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

they are truly yummy and too good to resist...

so grab on too! haha!

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP