June 20, 2008

Sweatingly Yours.

I always have problems with my severe sweating. There are times really that I sweat a lot, even if little activity have been exerted. And what's worse, my hands are always wet, which makes me uncomfortable all the time. I usually don't shake hands with new comrades, because I fear they might be turned off with my sweaty palms. At work, it is really uneasy to hit those computer keyboards with sweat moistening my fingers. With the paperworks, everything would be messy as soon as my hand touches them. In stressful times, I also felt the sweating coming out. Whenever I am nervous, scared, or even overjoyed, perspiration has already made its grand existence. There may be times that my hands are dry all day long, but more often, it is really damp.

Sweaty hands, according to experts, are medical conditions which are called palmar hyperhidrosis. The extent of sweating is varied and may range from moderate moisture to dripping. This condition is not temporary and just like me, people who have this suffered it since childhood. The ultimate cause is still unknown, but it is believed that it is due to some portions of our nerves. Each human being has the involuntary nervous system, which is made up of two components, the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems. The sympathetic nervous system controls the sweating throughout our body and people who have over-active sympathetic nerves most likely produce more sweat.

There are medical and surgical treatments available in order to cure the said condition. The medical treatments includes the application of certain astringents and sedatives. I am eyeing for the medical treatment, and hopefully soon I could have one. I'm not sure yet if the costs would be affordable though, like the Botox.

Sweat, sweat go away!

2 fancies:

Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 4:06 AM  

I hear you! My 14 y/o has the same condition - it drives him crazy.

Hope the treatment is something we can BOTH afford!

Oliboy's Adventures June 27, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

i have the same condition... what is the cure?!?

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP