February 10, 2009

Bitter Gourd

My father loves to plant. I guess that is why he made sure to have some extra lot for a yard and garden. I was taking a walk along the garden this morning and became pretty excited on what I saw.


You see, this is the first fruit from the bitter gourd/melon plant father has planted. I always love the vegetable, no matter how bitter the taste. I believe it has lots of nutrients that are very helpful for our bodies, Vitamins A, B1, B2 and C, phosphorous, iron and potassium.

Beef ampalaya has always been my favorite bitter gourd dish, and while I am making this post, I am dying to eat one! In the meantime, I have found a picture of this sumptuous and delicious dish - - thanks to Google!


Yum yum!

6 fancies:

Arianne The Bookworm February 11, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

pareho tyo ng peborit amapalaya dish.. my kids love bitter gourd too.. i'm glad they appreciate the bitter taste.

Rosilie February 11, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

love ampalaya a lot.LOL!

Up Close February 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Hello! May God bless you and keep you and He may answer you prayers today! God bless!
ooh. by the way... that is really yummy. and i miss that. i might cook something like that soon.

Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 3:36 AM  

Di pa ako nakatikim ng beef ampalaya, pero mukhang masarap tingnan. Masubukan nga ito. :-)

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

This is my favorite too. It makes my mouth waters just to think of it. Too bad its still early for dinner.

Cacai M. February 20, 2009 at 2:35 AM  

Yummy! Ampalaya is one of my fave vege! give me some if something had left.. heheheh.. Btw, nice blog- hope u could hop in and drop-by mine if you're not busy. Your blog is interesting! Keep posting and I keep reading and commenting! god bless...

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP