June 3, 2008

Flip-Flops Causes Foot & Leg Pain?

I have always been a fan of flip-flops. I wear them even at the office because they are very comfortable and light. Flip-flops has become very popular especially here in the Philippines. Different brands of the footwear has emerged every now and then and I observed that they did well on their sales.

Unfortunately, researchers at Auburn University at Alabama came up with a finding that people who wear flip-flops took shorter strides and their heels hit the ground with less vertical force than when they wear sneakers. A group of college-aged men and women were tapped for this study and were required to walk on a platform to observe the difference. what they saw was that people wearing flip-flops alter their gait, which explains the presence of lower leg and foot problems.

One researcher said that people wear the wrong footwear all the time. Flip-flops are not meant to be used for walking a lot, he said, since there are lots of appropriate wear around, like the walking shoes.

Well, I haven't experience any pain yet, although one time or another I felt something beneath my heel. But one thing's for sure at the moment, I will not part with my flip-flops.

- - News courtesy of AOL.


4 fancies:

honey June 3, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

I love wearing flip lops too-kasi mas comfey cya..

Melissa June 5, 2008 at 4:00 AM  

I have been wearing flip flops for many many years and I have never experienced any pain whatsoever. They are much better for your back than wearing 3" heels! lol

neiyomee June 5, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

@honey...yeah very comfy and light.

@mudiva, i use it all the time too even at the office...hehehe...as for high heels, I'm not really crazy about it. I'm more into flats. :-)

Melissa June 5, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Neiyomee, I don't wear heels at all. I can't stand them. I live in flip flops.

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP