June 19, 2008

Congratulations Celtics!

My hubby has always been a basketball fanatic. He used to play way back in high school and even in college. He is an avid viewer of basketball games both the local and the NBA.

He loves Kobe Bryant. I used to like the sport long ago too, in my college days. I was way too obsessed with Scottie Pippen, which until now I have no idea as to why. Chicago Bulls has been my favorite team and I even collected NBA cards, magazines and books about the team. I had to skip classes then, just to watch their games live on the television, and I made my own tally of their winnings and losses. Well, that was part of my memorable past now. Back to hubby, his current fave is the Los Angeles Lakers, to which Bryant is the key player.

Excitement filled him upon knowing that the Lakers are off to the finals. The more it thrilled him to know that it's Lakers vs. Celtics who are facing off for the title, which reminded him of the good old days on L. Bird's and K. Jabbar's consistent rivalry.

Sadly enough, the Lakers lost in the series and granted the championship title to the Boston Celtics. There was a bet going around their office where the Celtics came out as the underdog. He really wanted to place his bets for the Lakers. It's fortunate that he didn't because big bucks would have been lost...tsk...tsk...tsk. Anyway, the Celtics also deserved to win. They have a great line-up of players, who are all big contributors to their success.

Congratulations!
photo credits - NBA.com

4 fancies:

-edz- June 19, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

It was a sad game. I am a lakers fan and i loved how kobe played. But basketball is a group sport. And I guess sometimes you have to experience some disappointments and failures to really feel and experience the sweetness of success. till next time lakers.

neiyomee June 19, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

yeah, my hubby also felt the same way, and my bro too.

Kobe is really great, he is the most versatile player in the league right now.

but then again, victory do not come all the time.

Anonymous June 21, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

It was too bad Lakers didn't make it. But oh well, lagi naman silang champion...so dapat lang bigyan ang ibang teams ng chance...LOL.

I love Lakers since I was in high school. So lucky na I saw most of the teams in person here in the US.

Dette June 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

hee hee - Hubz was excited, too to see the Celtics win. :)

Curvaceous Chic Woman Curvy Plus Size Fashions

Recent Viewers

Followers

Subscribe!

Like what you read?

Subscribe now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Stats

Directories

Subscribe Personal Top Blogs Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blogarama - the blog directory Mindanao Bloggers I'm Pinoy Blogger Join My Community at MyBloglog!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP